Welcome to the HISD website.
Please note that we have added Language Translation to our website.
If you experience problems with this website please notify us of the problem by email at Website Problems.
HISD Federal Programs
Rural and Low-Income School Program Grant
Contact – Maureen Self
Title VI - Part B
Rural and Low – Income School Program Grant
- Title VI, Part B Rural and Low – Income Grant is to address the unique needs of rural school districts that frequently;
- Lack personnel and resources needed to compete effectively for Federal competitive grants
- Receive formula grant allocations in amounts too small to be effective in meeting their intended purpose
- Supplements and supports the Districts Title I, Part A initiatives to increase at risk student growth and success.
- Provide opportunity for staff to participate in State and National trainings to support trainers of trainers programs within the District plan an providing the most current HQ training available to the entire staff